Shof
  Post#1 | Sep 22 2007, 23:52 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Music
Weapon: Uzi
Member No.: 1,515

On my computer, i use Vista Ultimate as my native operating system on my desktop for months and i never had a problem with it at all except today. Today, when i turned on my computer i noticed that messenger programs was not connection and firefox/IE is not loading pages. So i did the normal, turning off router(wired linksys) and my speedstream ADSL modem that i got from ATT(my isp). After leaving it unplug for about 20-30 minutes i noticed that i am still having problems. I log into the linksys router and change back to my ISP dns and thought that might fix it. However, it did not. So i loaded up command prompt and typed in ipconfig /flush dns thinking that should work, inwhich it didnt. Then i tried something kinda dumb which was to ping a site like google.com. After pinging the site, i noticed i can load it. After pinging a couple sites, i was able to load more sites. It then became annoying since sites will not load at all until i ping it.

Now, heres the odd part:
I load up a XP Image i always have in Vmware. After loading up xp pro inside vmware, i noticed RIGHT AWAY that everything worked right off the bat and never had to go into command prompt and was able to sign into my programs without any problems. I even changed BACK to the opendns dns numbers, and once again everything works instantly works fine

Strange Stuff:
My network card is a Realtek RTL8139 card inwhich it works fine in both in vista and xp. Reinstalling drivers on vista reproduces the same result. I just find it amazing on how everything worked fine for months until this loopy problem where i either have to keep pinging sites for them to load which still makes problems unconnective. Or i just deal with using Vmware every day because I doubt this is a vista problem since i cant system very clean and once again for many months everything worked fine with no problems until now

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: