Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Your Kudos
Your Kudos Ranking --
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
>  Remember Gtachica?, You know, one of the few girls that belonged to this forum...

Shof
  Post#31 | Apr 7 2008, 20:43 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Music
Weapon: Uzi
Member No.: 1,515

is there a way you can ship me swedish vodka with free shipping to the states?

JollyRoger
  Post#32 | Apr 7 2008, 22:31 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

QUOTE(Mister V @ Apr 7 2008, 15:03 ) *

Oh really?..

I believe he had quite an experience... rolleyes.gif

Anyway... that was some adventure you described, JR. Like a bad trip tongue.gif
Ahem... this is going way offtopic. Let the thread die, it served its purpose.

No actually. My protest comes from an ad that Absolut has bee running in MEXICO. An ad that very many consider racist and panders to the racism and anti-Americanism that exist in Mexico. I am sorry GG. I know Swedish people and they are very nice. But at the same time I don't care for Sweden's soft illegal immigration laws. Politics of which appear to be reflected in this ad. Absolut has already apologized for the ad, however insincerely IMO.

I am of Mexican-American decent. I don't see this as justice for poor people fleeing an oppressive government. I see this as pot stirring and a catering to racist sentiments aimed to help sell vodka in the Mexican market. True, Mexico has the highest concentration of wealth in the fewest number of hands of any country on the planet. Riches the common man's grandfather's grandfather has never seen. A revolution has already been fought over it. Perhaps another Revolution is due? Oh that's right. The Mexican government happily allows hundreds of thousands of potential revolutionaries to leave every year with heads filled with stories of mythical snake kingdoms, laments of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hildalgo and good ol' hostility redirection at the expense the American middle class. All in an effort to keep the hate on Americans and away from the Mexican ruling elite. A ploy that if it should fail would likely mean hundreds of thousands of angry Mexicans doing an about face, picking up a gun and taking Mexico back, For Mexicans.

Even if they did reconquer the American southwest, the people would still be under the control of the Mexican ruling elite. This will not change with more land. In an Absolut World, Mexicans "Reconquista" Mexico.

Anyways that was waaaaaay of topic. Time to right the ship.

--------------------

Ephonetica
  Post#33 | Apr 7 2008, 23:06 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Magnum
Member No.: 8

It's 200x257. Do you know how that looks like on a 1600x1200 screen? By the way, you're not going to become all patriotic all of a sudden, I mean, it was you who said that the US media sucked...

--------------------
IPB Image

bad as ass.

JollyRoger
  Post#34 | Apr 8 2008, 04:21 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

QUOTE(Lies of Silence @ Apr 7 2008, 18:06 ) *

It's 200x257. Do you know how that looks like on a 1600x1200 screen? By the way, you're not going to become all patriotic all of a sudden, I mean, it was you who said that the US media sucked...

The US media does suck and only tells stories from the perspective of their parent companies. Who Knew? crazy.gif

Sorry about the little pic. Here's a bigger one. LINK

I hate to disappoint you. But I'm a blood and bone Patriot. I didn't have the heart to tell you before because I didn't want to let you down. My days of masquerading as a politically neutral are over it appears.
bleh.gif

--------------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: