Mister V
  Post#31 | Nov 18 2008, 21:36 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Mass Effect
Weapon: Submarine
Member No.: 21

I said I had to triple it. I had 2k before. And, yeah, now I have something like 6k fully equiped, but I still see dudes with 10k+ armies all over the place. I suppose the can kick my ass theoretically, and I don't like the prospect.

--------------------
IPB Image
Then God said, "Let there be win",
and there was win, and it was good.

Laurell
  Post#32 | Nov 18 2008, 22:17 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Minecraft
Weapon: Spear
Member No.: 8,351

Ah, got you wrong. Had/have, sily, me.

Anyways...

Mostly folks at lvl 10 are camping, though a few are camping offensive, and they are you supposed to watch out for...

Many campers following the guideline 1000 Guards per level, as it has so far worked very nice.
The thing is that, very many players can beat the crap out of you, and me. And that's cause at this early stage in the game, so are the accounts fairly flexible, many campers can turn their accounts into mass machines, after just a minute.

But why would they do that to you? It's something expensive, so they only use it when it's serious. Hiding in the mass has always been a good way. smile.gif

See it this way, you have a nice armysize, not espeically many miners, and as long as you don't piss anyone off, so will you be fine.

--------------------
"meh"

Mister V
  Post#33 | Nov 23 2008, 17:37 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Been away for two days, managed not to get pillaged. Yeah, I think I'll move on to 10k guards.

What level can you get the battle upgrades (towers/steeds) at? If it's 15, I'd go for it, but if it's higher, I'm afraid that's oging to be a little more dangerous.

--------------------
IPB Image

Laurell
  Post#34 | Nov 23 2008, 18:35 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Mister V @ Nov 23 2008, 18:37 ) *

Been away for two days, managed not to get pillaged. Yeah, I think I'll move on to 10k guards.

What level can you get the battle upgrades (towers/steeds) at? If it's 15, I'd go for it, but if it's higher, I'm afraid that's oging to be a little more dangerous.

25 for the first battleupgrades level.
15 is for the first mercenaries... 10 per day I think...

I am myself aiming to get 20 000 archers, and then move up to lvl 20, and camp... I've counted that I need to spend around 3,5 billion gold until I reach lvl 25... So in January sometime so will I be set smile.gif

This post has been edited by Golden Gun: Nov 23 2008, 18:35

--------------------
"meh"

Mister V
  Post#35 | Nov 23 2008, 19:31 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

3.5 billion? How so? I see only 560 mil for all the archers' armoury (but that's only main items, no one buys the little ones, right). Or do you include the offensive equipment?

--------------------
IPB Image

Laurell
  Post#36 | Nov 23 2008, 20:02 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Wait a sec? You say that you only buy the big items??

So you only buy Slings? Not Padded Hoods, Padded Armor, Padded Boots... Etc...???

If you do so, so loose you 46 deffense per each unit o.0...

I explain, a guard can hold 1 item of every Item Type. All togheter so combine them a set.

For my calculations...
Currently 21 600 sest type 1 of, 37 500 sets type 2 needed...

Wich means I need relative 75 000 type one sets, 53400 still to buy. A set cost 35 500, that's 1,895700000.

+ the towers, 2,5 billion. (1 tower holds 5 archers, and costs 500 000) (no steeds).

That's 4 395 700 000g, but I will get it cheaper as I'm going charisma... So around 4 billion will I need to pay until I'm finished my lvl 25 goal, and as I have almost a half billion in bank, so is it 3,5 billion more to mine.

But I have kinda high goals...
1000 Archer per level
200 spies per level
200 sentries per level
100 soldiers per level
Ultmate income x4

This post has been edited by Golden Gun: Dec 1 2008, 16:54

--------------------
"meh"

Mister V
  Post#37 | Nov 24 2008, 14:05 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

You mean per level smile.gif

No, I don't buy the Padded Bracers, since they're +3 only, I've got the rest. I'm not sure they pay off in the long run, since there's going to be better items in the Leather Armoury, and I suppose they don't give you an upgrade option, so you have to sell all the old crap and buy the new... don't you?

--------------------
IPB Image

Laurell
  Post#38 | Nov 24 2008, 16:32 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Mister V @ Nov 24 2008, 15:05 ) *

You mean per level smile.gif

No, I don't buy the Padded Bracers, since they're +3 only, I've got the rest. I'm not sure they pay off in the long run, since there's going to be better items in the Leather Armoury, and I suppose they don't give you an upgrade option, so you have to sell all the old crap and buy the new... don't you?

Yeah, per level is right... *Edit button, prepare to be licked.*

I know for sure that there will be a upgrade option. Infact I've used it myself.

The cost in gold are following this rule. 500 gold per 1 stat point. That means that a armory equipment that gives you +3 deffense, costs 1500 gold.

When upgrading, so will the cost be the same. 500 gold per 1 stat point. So if you are upgrading a item that gives you +3 deffense, so will the upgrade cost you 1500g, buy buying a brand new will cost 3000g, as it gives you 6 more deffense. Makes sense? smile.gif

--------------------
"meh"

Mister V
  Post#39 | Dec 1 2008, 12:18 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Makes sense, thanks.

I've been leveling up, and the thing I noticed is that I can't really get money with my pathetic 1k soldiers beyond level 7. I mean, to get some real money you've got to have around 5k offensive troops (ideally more than 10k), so I'm forced to attack people without gold just for the xp... This is what's bad - not enough people playing to be comfortable. Reaching level 20 is going to be extremely tedious and unprofitable.

--------------------
IPB Image

Laurell
  Post#40 | Dec 1 2008, 16:59 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Don't attack for no gold. That's a waste. Just destroying for the future.

Better to camp for a longer time, and maybe just have the offensive force being untrained as workers, when not attacking? After 40 hours, so have a miner paid himeself, at lvl 1, that's even shorter at lvl 20... smile.gif

--------------------
"meh"

Mister V
  Post#41 | Dec 1 2008, 19:35 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Yeah, but in order to get to level 20 and earn some serious dough, you have to have more than 5k fully equipped knights. Still, even with money getting very, very low (in the end I was forced to attack people which at least had one mil gold, because the rest were out of my league) I managed to buy myself equipment for another 8000 archers. And then using my banked money convert it all into higher-level items, doubling my defense (which is now 2 mil). Huzzah. Now instead of spending my money I'll bank it and try to get that pop. And maybe a bit later move to lv25 and get those damn towers.

The "1000 archers per level" rule seems to be somewhat exaggerated. Sure, some people do have a 20k army, but as far as I can see it's mostly defensive. I'm going to keep a lookout, see if someone manages to break through my defense, but I doubt there will be many successful attempts at that.

--------------------
IPB Image

Laurell
  Post#42 | Dec 1 2008, 20:10 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

The 1k guards per level is something that surrvived from beta...
I doing it myself. And that's cause I want to not be forced especially active.

I'm a real slow leveller, I won't get to lvl 20 until the 20th febrary. I never seen a reason to rush up the levels. smile.gif

--------------------
"meh"

Mister V
  Post#43 | Dec 1 2008, 20:16 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

The upgrades. Too little upgrades in the beginning. Come on, I know it's supposed to be fun when you don't have useful things from the very beginning, but it turns out to be frustrating, because there aren't enough people playing, so when you get to higher levels you're basically entering an endless battlefield. I just want them all to level up to 100-something, so everyone else can live in peace and have nice upgrades.

--------------------
IPB Image

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: