JollyRoger
  Post#1 | Sep 5 2007, 13:14 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

I toyed with the idea of putting this in the NOTB, but I actually want you to see it. bleh.gif

On a serious note though this is an example of the same kind of dirty tricks I saw in the months prior to the illegal war in Iraq. In the next five to six months look for tactics like these, as well as reports of Iranian infamies cropping up like zits. Things like the bogus reports of Iraqis taking babies out of incubators that was used as justification in 1990-91. And all the yellowcake and flying nuclear drones BS nonsense, among many shining examples, used as justification in 2003. Links to Al Qeda will be tried to be made even though they and the Salafi Wahhabists in Iran are mortal enemies. But that won't matter when the War Drums start banging. It didn't matter that the secular (non-religious) government of Saddam Hussain had nothing to to do with Al Qeda or 9/11. The 9/11 ties were argued nonetheless and heartland America bought it. Heartland America, being largely honest hard working people who culturally expect to be told the truth, will largely buy whatever story they're told.

If you had nothing to make you suspicious of Mainstream Media the following article ought to inject some doubt. If you are already suspect Mainstream Media of being trained seals the following article won't surprise you much. It might make you angrier than you were when you woke up though. Either way the following article should prompt all of you to ask questions. And question.

New Yorker article I was talking about

For anyone naive enough to be tempted by the succeeding media parade of horse ****, and are somehow convinced that Iranians are a bunch of genocidal puppy-killing subhumans, please take GU semi-regular Rhino as an example of what Persians are really like. Cool human beings. Not giant fat monster men with blades for arms. I will question the author's citing of examples of current Iranian activity as dubious information because it is largely coming from the White House and Pentagon to begin with. So in essence the author is already jumping at the first cracks of the whip.

--------------------

Vin
  Post#2 | Sep 5 2007, 13:41 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Nothing at the moment
Forum Idiot
Member No.: 5

Its a bit surprising that the US is willing to go for another war. Its gonna be hard on their wallets for sure. And If they want be the world superpower, they should start concentrating on their economy as China (which i find is a little more dangerous to the world) is almost over taking them.

Attacking Iran is surely gonna be the biggest blunder the US has ever made. I have a feeling Russia will intervene since it will feel surrounded. Nato in the west, US in the middle east. Hopefully, War will be avoided since US is losing its influence in the world (and the UN) because of the rising powers in Asia and South America.

jon83
  Post#3 | Sep 5 2007, 15:57 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Sword
Member No.: 42

Tisk tisk... This is isn't going to be good. What's the point of another war? I think American or Bush is a little too paranoid, but I can't blame him after the tragic events of 9/11, though this isn't a good enough excuse to fight another country. I'm not very fimilar with politics (esspecially US politics), even if Iran gots a nuke plant, do you really think they'll start bombing the US for not reason? Bush has already done enough damge, this is just gonna put a big dent on Americas rep. unsure.gif

Vin
  Post#4 | Sep 5 2007, 16:46 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Nothing at the moment
Forum Idiot
Member No.: 5

America doesn't have any rep at the moment.... no.gif

jon83
  Post#5 | Sep 5 2007, 16:49 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Member No.: 42

True... tongue.gif

Well it'll probably blow over, over time. Right now it's pure speculation. Knowing Bush who is trigger happy, you never know.

This post has been edited by jon83: Sep 5 2007, 16:49

JollyRoger
  Post#6 | Sep 5 2007, 17:06 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

QUOTE(jon83 @ Sep 5 2007, 10:57 ) *

Tisk tisk... This is isn't going to be good. What's the point of another war? I think American or Bush is a little too paranoid, but I can't blame him after the tragic events of 9/11, though this isn't a good enough excuse to fight another country. I'm not very fimilar with politics (esspecially US politics), even if Iran gots a nuke plant, do you really think they'll start bombing the US for not reason? Bush has already done enough damge, this is just gonna put a big dent on Americas rep. unsure.gif

They'll find something to justify it. Just like every other terrorism bust that disappears quickly from the news or "new" and "authenticated" Al Qeda videos that just magically appear when a scandal or resignation occurs. They want another 9/11 and they want it bad. If they have to make something up they'll do it. Iraq was invaded twice on the strength of falsified information. And for everyone who whines that the world is better off with Saddam I say the world is much worse off with a dying rogue superpower invading countries on information too far fetched even for the Sci-Fi Channel.

--------------------

j-dawg
  Post#7 | Sep 5 2007, 20:24 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: with my fat rolls teehee
Weapon: Paintball gun
Member No.: 40

QUOTE(Vin @ Sep 5 2007, 11:46 ) *

America doesn't have any rep at the moment.... no.gif

America doesn't even have any rep in America, which is why a war with Iran isn't going to happen. There would be zero popular support. A war with Iran would mean guaranteed Republican defeat in 2008.

--------------------
IPB Image

Dark Knight
  Post#8 | Sep 7 2007, 01:02 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Witcher 3 (and 2)
Member No.: 982

tbh im more worried about Anglo russian relations, but u have a point. and JR, u seen 300 tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Mister V
  Post#9 | Sep 9 2007, 07:51 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Mass Effect
Weapon: Submarine
Member No.: 21

Well, what d'you know? Wars start with PR campaigns now. tongue.gif
On a second thought, it was Bismarck who invented it first, so nothing new here.

I personally think they're spending their time trying to invent another cause to invade to make their case stronger.

--------------------
IPB Image
Then God said, "Let there be win",
and there was win, and it was good.

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: