Post#31 | Mar 13 2007, 22:40 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

QUOTE(Sean @ Mar 12 2007, 08:02 ) *

I liked Sanchez more. I wish they added that to GTA3.

I know this is going to sound bad but I can see the Faggio scooter being used in Shoreside. Perhaps not on the hills but in the flatter areas.

I would have liked to have seen the Sanchez, FCR-900, Freeway, Angel and PCJ-600 in Liberty City as well.

--------------------

DeWolfe
  Post#32 | Mar 13 2007, 23:00 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Games In Sig
Member No.: 33

What was the real reason bikes were not included? I know Maibatsu signed a petition but that was fictional. Didnt R* know how to do the bikes?

--------------------
IPB Image

JollyRoger
  Post#33 | Mar 13 2007, 23:16 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(DeWolfe @ Mar 13 2007, 18:00 ) *

What was the real reason bikes were not included? I know Maibatsu signed a petition but that was fictional. Didnt R* know how to do the bikes?

I remember something along the lines that the code was't quite right yet. The same would go for copters and other flying vehicles. RS was essentially in a time crunch in the development of GTA3. That is why half the sky scrapers aren't even solid past ground level. A whole lot about that game felt rushed after playing it a while. I've heard that characters were even cut out of the game due to time constraints.

A lot of what would have gone into GTA3 ended up in Vice City and San Andreas.

--------------------

Magnum
  Post#34 | Mar 14 2007, 16:28 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: San Andeas
Weapon: Sword
Member No.: 284

I would like to see more car collector missions like the import/export garage... It would be cool if there were a guy at every island who calls you randomly and wants you to deliver this or that here or there...
For example on Shoreside there would be a guy who wants to collect all the gang cars from Liberty City and when you not on a mission you can accept his missions at a street payphone (like Marthy Chonks)... and when you deliver them all there would be a car showroom somewhere where the guy would put the cars you got.
Too bad I can't edit the script and/or not able to do a modification... no.gif

This post has been edited by Magnum: Mar 14 2007, 16:29

--------------------
"Those parties that have no healer are f*cked!" (HUNMagnum-Last Chaos)
IPB Image
IPB Image

Sean
  Post#35 | Mar 15 2007, 12:38 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Paintball gun
Member No.: 6,703

QUOTE(Magnum @ Mar 15 2007, 00:28 ) *

I would like to see more car collector missions like the import/export garage... It would be cool if there were a guy at every island who calls you randomly and wants you to deliver this or that here or there...
For example on Shoreside there would be a guy who wants to collect all the gang cars from Liberty City and when you not on a mission you can accept his missions at a street payphone (like Marthy Chonks)... and when you deliver them all there would be a car showroom somewhere where the guy would put the cars you got.

That reminds me. I wish that they would have that for GTAIV. woot.gif

This post has been edited by Sean: Mar 17 2007, 10:14

--------------------
It's been a long time now.

JollyRoger
  Post#36 | Mar 15 2007, 20:00 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Magnum @ Mar 14 2007, 11:28 ) *

The I/E feature has gotten an upgrade from game to game in regards to how the cars are asked for. RS has even gone to some trouble of making the cars harder to find. But fundimentally the process of getting cars has not grown past just going out and finding them on the street. RS has effectively utilized the most logical step forward which is to make getting some cars harder than just going up and down streets until one spawns. The Patriot on the military base was about the only car they've made hard to get. And though you could end up being killed trying to get it there are many other ways of making some cars just out of reach.

Street payphones were another thing I thought could have been used a little more.

--------------------

Chaos-Energy
  Post#37 | Mar 16 2007, 21:14 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Too much
Weapon: Pistol
Member No.: 404

QUOTE(JollyRoger @ Mar 12 2007, 04:18 ) *

There were only two motorcycles in the original GTA. Bike and Superbike. Those others were in Vice City.

Ah yea, I remember avoiding them at all cost. It was so frustrating when you fell off which happened to me at almost every turn. I prefer a counthash or a tanker. tongue.gif

If you really want motorcycles in Liberty City, install the LC Map mod for VC or get LCS. The latter even has 2 new bikes I think. The Manchez and those special body paint Freeways.

Only thing I'd change in GTA3 is a bigger map. Wide streets with lots of turns in Portland, long roads in Staunton and hills in Shoreside. They were all great, especially with several cops on your tail while drifting through corners. I remember those police cars drift awesome. The map was awesome but just too small. Also reminds me of the cop chases, they weren't as retarded as in San Andreas where cops just drive into you head-on from the different direction... idiots.

JollyRoger
  Post#38 | Mar 16 2007, 21:39 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Chaos-Energy @ Mar 16 2007, 16:14 ) *

Ah yea, I remember avoiding them at all cost. It was so frustrating when you fell off which happened to me at almost every turn. I prefer a counthash or a tanker. tongue.gif

If you really want motorcycles in Liberty City, install the LC Map mod for VC or get LCS. The latter even has 2 new bikes I think. The Manchez and those special body paint Freeways.

Only thing I'd change in GTA3 is a bigger map. Wide streets with lots of turns in Portland, long roads in Staunton and hills in Shoreside. They were all great, especially with several cops on your tail while drifting through corners. I remember those police cars drift awesome. The map was awesome but just too small. Also reminds me of the cop chases, they weren't as retarded as in San Andreas where cops just drive into you head-on from the different direction... idiots.

I run most of my races in GTA3 in police car. The cop siren adds just enough chaos that you can really muck up the other racers. Or yourself, but after you use the police car enough you get a sense for what traffic is going to do. It also helped when cops were after you. Just switch on the siren and weave with the yeilding traffic.

--------------------

DeWolfe
  Post#39 | Mar 16 2007, 21:54 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

I wonder how much difference in AI the cops will have between, GTA III and GTA IV?

--------------------
IPB Image

JollyRoger
  Post#40 | Mar 16 2007, 22:08 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(DeWolfe @ Mar 16 2007, 16:54 ) *

I wonder how much difference in AI the cops will have between, GTA III and GTA IV?

Probably just enough to up the challenge level a bit from SA. That seems to be the MO of RS. Perhaps they'll have the ability to follow you into buildings or climb over fences. AI never really jumped too far up from GTA to GTA.

--------------------

Version One
  Post#41 | Mar 17 2007, 07:03 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Left 4 Dead 2
Hip-Hop's Finest
Member No.: 3

^ i think vice city had the most challenging cops. they should slightly up it from that in my opinion.

Silent_Sound
  Post#42 | Mar 17 2007, 15:00 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: With harmony
Member No.: 6,975

Well in the last few GTA games the main focus isn't the cops? Or is it? We can see that the cops are gettinga little smarter but let's face it. They act on instink. You stop they stop. Your floor it they floor it. There is hardly any thought in it. Because that's not the main focus of the games. The main focus is the killing and just having fun and the car chase are a part of that don't get me wrong but I don't think that was R* main focus when theu made GTA III.

--------------------
I suppose the time for words are now.

Beakening the words for Silent Sound.

Stand here and wait, and see.

For the vision is gray with me.

Stand here, and see what I know.

Or been gone and go.

See what is seen.

Known to be keen.

There is rise to the ground.

Silent_Sound.

Version One
  Post#43 | Mar 17 2007, 17:04 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Hip-Hop's Finest

regarding cops though, i think sa's are by far the easiest. sometimes i pop in gta3 for kicks and i have a harder time evading/dealing with them than i do in sa.

DeWolfe
  Post#44 | Mar 17 2007, 17:36 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

They are too easy to lose in SA. Just drive out into the country or desert and hide somewhere away from the road and eventually the wated level will go down.

--------------------
IPB Image

JollyRoger
  Post#45 | Mar 17 2007, 18:59 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Version One @ Mar 17 2007, 12:04 ) *

regarding cops though, i think sa's are by far the easiest. sometimes i pop in gta3 for kicks and i have a harder time evading/dealing with them than i do in sa.

Yeah I noticed that when I re-installed GTA3. The cops are kind of b******s in it. I thing the copters show up earlier as well too. As far as cops went SA was a little disappointing. Vice City probably has the best cops. But only because of the vice car.

I did like the addition of the motorcycle cop in SA though.

--------------------

ReMcO
  Post#46 | Mar 17 2007, 20:45 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Member No.: 4,449

QUOTE(JollyRoger @ Mar 17 2007, 19:59 ) *

I did like the addition of the motorcycle cop in SA though.

Yeah me to. The cars are easy to lose but the bikes just stick to my tale all the time.

Version One
  Post#47 | Mar 18 2007, 07:14 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Hip-Hop's Finest

^ agreed. except if you stopped real hard sometimes you could knock them off their bikes by having them crash into you. loved doing that. laugh.gif

ReMcO
  Post#48 | Mar 18 2007, 14:43 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Version One @ Mar 18 2007, 08:14 ) *

^ agreed. except if you stopped real hard sometimes you could knock them off their bikes by having them crash into you. loved doing that. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Yeah i do that to or i just knock em of there bikes wen there still next to me.

Sean
  Post#49 | Mar 18 2007, 14:55 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Yeah but when you have 2 stars and trying to escape the bikes w/ a car that has average speed like a Clover, thier' shooting you w/ a 9mm crazily til the car blows up. crazy.gif

--------------------

ReMcO
  Post#50 | Mar 18 2007, 15:01 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

That's why you have to knock em of there bike's anytime you can.

Chaos-Energy
  Post#51 | Mar 18 2007, 21:07 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(JollyRoger @ Mar 17 2007, 19:59 ) *

Yeah I noticed that when I re-installed GTA3. The cops are kind of b******s in it. I thing the copters show up earlier as well too. As far as cops went SA was a little disappointing.

Exactly, I don't want to get chased by braindead cops who jump in water when they know they can't swim. I'm not asking for a complete realistic game or awesome AI but if I'm in the mood to chase cops I want them to actually try to stop me, not just try to bash into my car head-on or stay right behind me. I want them to force me to drive on the sidewalk, smashing into me from the side trying PIT maneuvres. Also they should become more and more aggressive if you turn the chase into WW3, not just bring in the uberslow army tanks. They would make excellent road blocks which would force you to make a u-turn and then I want the cops chasing you to quickly make another road block, a few cops get out and try to pop your tires and a few more just chase you again.

There'll probably be a lot of people whining about the difficulty level but R* can easily fix this with a cop AI option. (Braindead, Normal & Real-life)

Anyone who thinks the cops in the game are just a side thing is wrong, remember the name Grand Theft Auto? It's supposed to be mainly racing and preferably running from the cops, notice the "Theft".

Ah well, I can rant all I want, R* will most likely not implement this in the game even if they did read this. Gotta keep the game mainstream enough to keep the cash rolling in. rolleyes.gif

"Intellegence beats brute force." Better AI instead of more powerful opponents. (Army, FBI)

DeWolfe
  Post#52 | Mar 18 2007, 21:19 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

The cops are slightly tougher on VCS and LCS. However saying that, they just bash into you more. If a cop was going to pull you out on SA he was easy to get rid of, but on VCS its much harder. On SA, you just need to give the horn a blast and they all step back making an easy getaway. Doesnt work as easy as that on VCS. But yeah, tanks were used in road blocks on GTA2 and even fired missiles at you. there were slight gaps you could sneak through but only very small and wasnt worth risking.

--------------------
IPB Image

Chaos-Energy
  Post#53 | Mar 18 2007, 21:36 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(DeWolfe @ Mar 18 2007, 22:19 ) *

The cops are slightly tougher on VCS and LCS. However saying that, they just bash into you more. If a cop was going to pull you out on SA he was easy to get rid of, but on VCS its much harder. On SA, you just need to give the horn a blast and they all step back making an easy getaway. Doesnt work as easy as that on VCS. But yeah, tanks were used in road blocks on GTA2 and even fired missiles at you. there were slight gaps you could sneak through but only very small and wasnt worth risking.

Ah GTA2, I remember the street were flooded with army guys when they came after you. And they drove around in those tiny army cars. biggrin.gif
Good times, good times.

And yes I agree the cops are thougher on VCS and LCS. They actually follow you for a while. If you just floor it in San Andreas you'll lose them without breaking a sweet, even when their cars are way faster than yours...

DeWolfe
  Post#54 | Mar 18 2007, 21:43 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

The Army chasing after you then dropping an oil slick and they slide off the road laugh.gif

Its not often Im involved in a police chase anyway but i would like to see an increase in roadblocks. Possibly even bring stingers back?

--------------------
IPB Image

Sean
  Post#55 | Mar 19 2007, 11:48 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

I remember stingers.
In 3 Stars the cops throw stingers and pops only the tires of your vehicle.(except tanks or maybe even the police.)

--------------------

Mark
  Post#56 | Mar 19 2007, 12:10 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Shotgun
Member No.: 6,649

Yeah the the best thing in GTA3 thumbsup.gif
Why didnt R* thinked of stringers in Vice City? (In SA the stingers were used in one mission)

Sean
  Post#57 | Mar 19 2007, 12:49 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Berkley @ Mar 19 2007, 20:10 ) *

Why didnt R* thinked of stringers in Vice City?

You meant SA because in Vice City cops used stingers.

--------------------

Mark
  Post#58 | Mar 19 2007, 13:34 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Shotgun
Member No.: 6,649

Yeah its really fun biggrin.gif

Version One
  Post#59 | Mar 19 2007, 15:32 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Hip-Hop's Finest

QUOTE(DeWolfe @ Mar 18 2007, 14:19 ) *

never knew u could honk and make them back up.. gotta try that sometime. but yeah the cops in lcs were a bit tougher, but i think i didn't notice because i just figured must be the same as gta3. whistling.gif

DeWolfe
  Post#60 | Mar 19 2007, 19:47 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Yeah just blast R3 (or the horn button on xbox or pc) in a road rage style, it worksd wonders, especially if you only have a slow car and they are about to get you!

--------------------
IPB Image

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: