JollyRoger
  Post#1 | Jan 31 2006, 19:53 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

Sometimes going to the mall can be a wonderful enriching experiance. You may try a new food for the first time, meet an old friend you haven't seen in a while, catch a good movie or even find an excellent deal on a desired item. But sometimes a mean ol' security guard will take away the wheelchair you were using and then you have to crawl back to your car. Aw Phooey! It was one of "those" mall trips.

Mall Messed Up

user posted image
This movie will not be available at the Westfield Shopping Center. Thank You. sleep.gif

JR's Proverbs: What can I say that probably hasn't already been said? I could mention that if the mall intends to offer a handicap wheelchair service they should at least follow through and allow patrons to get to their cars. If the security guard was so concerned about the wheelchairs he could have accompanied them to the patrons' cars and taken them after the patrons were on their way. I'm sure the company and assistance would have been appreciated.

It seems like a simple solution to an even simpler situation doesn't it? Unfortunatly the security guard took it upon himself to interpret mall policy in perhaps the harshest way possible. Outside, that is, of beating one of them to death and tying his lifeless body to the other one and following the terrified handicapped man in one of the wheelchairs, laughing deep bellowing laughs as he cracked a long leather whip, as the handicapped man clawed his way back to his vehicle..........

Okay, that might have been excessively grim. But I'm sure these gentlemen were thinking similar things when they were filing their lawsuits against the mall and it's owner. And I don't blame them. It was a really s****y thing to do. That mall owner may have been a decent enough man, but his lack of contol over his staff reflects very poorly on him.

--------------------

JosephO75
  Post#2 | Feb 1 2006, 21:36 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: with everyone's mind
Weapon: Pistol
Member No.: 2,942

Some people need to think before they act. dry.gif

--------------------

JollyRoger
  Post#3 | Feb 1 2006, 21:58 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(JosephO75 @ Feb 1 2006, 15:36 )
Some people need to think before they act.  dry.gif

I don't think that security guard gets paid enough for that. I think you need special training. And a conscience.

--------------------

ringwraith
  Post#4 | Feb 5 2006, 18:15 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Sword
Member No.: 97

Sometimes the people that do these jobs are such wannabe cops, it's pathetic.
Same goes for some bouncers (not all but some).

I don't care how bad they wish that they passed the police physical, they need to use a little bit of etiquette and brainpower.

I understand the need to exert authority, but it doesn't give them a license to be a p***k.

--------------------

JollyRoger
  Post#5 | Feb 6 2006, 07:14 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(ringwraith @ Feb 5 2006, 12:15 )
Sometimes the people that do these jobs are such wannabe cops, it's pathetic.
Same goes for some bouncers (not all but some).

I don't care how bad they wish that they passed the police physical, they need to use a little bit of etiquette and brainpower.

I understand the need to exert authority, but it doesn't give them a license to be a p***k.

For those of you who take morning walk you may or may not have found yourself on a "dog" street in one of those "canine" zones that on mail day go into a frenzy of misplaced pooch aggression. I often find, as I stroll by their yards, that even the smallest dogs typically behave as if they were as big or bigger than even the buggest dogs. This discrepency is all about the superiority complex. No matter Fido's size, the stake they put in territoriality is all the same no matter how big the dog is. The same would be said for men in uniform. Though not all though.

Letting some people wear a uniform is like allowing them to wear small dogs.

Some people that you would consider to be otherwise decent can become the most callous of jerks. Decency does not immunize any of us from becoming a complete sadistic jerk when we are given power and a nifty uniform to help assert our authority. I'm not trying to say that that security guard is some kind of nether-creature of doom behind a badge. He just took his position and the job too seriously and abused and betrayed the spirit of it. Now he's being discussed on this forum. Meger solice for the gentlemen that were forced drag themselves across a parking lot. But oh well.

dry.gif

--------------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: