JollyRoger
  Post#1 | Oct 20 2008, 20:37 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

I have heard nothing about radio stations, however my expectation is that it will be somewhere between the midi versions of songs in GB Color's GTA2 or the full blown stations of LCS and VCS. Not having played many DS games I really don't know the limitations of the hardware. One can reasonably assume that if there is traditional music in-game for radio stations the playlists will be short and light on banter. I don't expect much content on talk radio if there is any sort of talk station.

My best estimation is that CW will have scaled back stations. No more than five or six at very best. No talk stations. Few commercials. All music will be in-house original music. Nothing licensed. Expect a LOT of techno.

What is your opinion?

--------------------

DeWolfe
  Post#2 | Oct 20 2008, 21:18 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Games In Sig
Member No.: 33

Yeah Im sure they will get Craig Connor doing the music again. It would probably be more Oriental instrumentals though surely? TBH, Im not sure how much you can fit on a DS cartridge (correct term?) anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image

Mark
  Post#3 | Oct 21 2008, 11:43 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Shotgun
Member No.: 6,649

no radio stations!

JollyRoger
  Post#4 | Oct 21 2008, 18:34 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

It looks like many details about GTA Chinatown Wars has been released. As indicated in them there will be lots of radio stations. However most tracks will be instrumental. So I suppose the parameters of this poll have changed. But only slightly. Now it seems the question would be "What would you have thought the radio stations would be?"

All prior answers as well as future votes are equally applicable then. I for one am highly curious to find out what kinds of music will be in CW. It's a no-brainer to assume by "instrumental" they are talking about techno. Which is cool because I like electronic and it will sound great through my ear buds. I also wonder how they have tackled the talk radio issue. The DS is not as strong a platform as the PSP and therefore has tighter hardware limitations. Kudos to them if they can pull off a talk station or two without banging their heads on the ceiling.

What are your thoughts?

--------------------

Laurell
  Post#5 | Oct 21 2008, 19:22 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Minecraft
Weapon: Spear
Member No.: 8,351

I think they will be polygonal tongue.gif

On a more serious note, If they are going to be instrumental, so are it hopefully not only techno... Techno sucks as to play gta to, trust me I tried... Seriously, Didgeridoo and Drum, fits way much better, maybe not in "Chinatown Wars" Tho... But meh. tongue.gif

I don't think a talk station would be impossible, but instrumental will most likely be a better option... Techno could work, as it's good to give the up speed action... But mostly only at that, like when you are cruising, so won't techno fit, then so are rock / rnb / soul a better option...

--------------------
"meh"

JollyRoger
  Post#6 | Oct 22 2008, 04:47 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Golden Gun @ Oct 21 2008, 14:22 ) *

I think they will be polygonal tongue.gif

On a more serious note, If they are going to be instrumental, so are it hopefully not only techno... Techno sucks as to play gta to, trust me I tried... Seriously, Didgeridoo and Drum, fits way much better, maybe not in "Chinatown Wars" Tho... But meh. tongue.gif

I don't think a talk station would be impossible, but instrumental will most likely be a better option... Techno could work, as it's good to give the up speed action... But mostly only at that, like when you are cruising, so won't techno fit, then so are rock / rnb / soul a better option...

I do like Yothu Yindi. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Mark
  Post#7 | Oct 22 2008, 11:35 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Weapon: Shotgun
Member No.: 6,649

jr don't you think you are too addicted to gta chinatown wars already shocking.gif

JollyRoger
  Post#8 | Oct 22 2008, 12:07 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Mark @ Oct 22 2008, 06:35 ) *

jr don't you think you are too addicted to gta chinatown wars already shocking.gif

Does my enthusiasm disturb you? shifty.gif

Besides my reaction should be average. This game is coming from a proven branch of Rockstar that did wonders with the PSP releases of Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. I'm still astonished that they were able to create games that could hang with GTA3 and Vice City respectively. In some ways they were better. I truly am highly curious to see what they were able to do with the DS's hardware limitations. And coming from a guy who started out as a fan of the 2D games when they were first released, I'm not susceptible to knee jerk reactions from a more scaled back game. I'm sorry, you Crysis-whores can't shame me for appreciating old-school. I play PDA solitare and I ******* love it. So lay off.

Anyways, depending on when the game is actually set, I hope they got around to making a respectable Punk station. I want punk that makes me want to get up and punch something. Not punk that makes me want to get up and complain that the Sum 41 t-shirts are too expensive at the mall. Or make me want to get up and piss and moan about my floozie girlfriend. Not that real punk bands can't sing about such subject matter, it's just that 9 of 10 contemporary punk bands can't credibly sell it. There, JR has spoken.

So in short: No Pop-Punk, No Nu-Metal, No Reggaeton and No Dude-And-His-Guitar bands. If Chinatown Wars can pull off a better soundtrack than GTAIV than that will be a frickin' coup. A frickin' Coup.

--------------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: