Laurell
  Post#1 | Aug 22 2007, 20:24 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Minecraft
Weapon: Spear
Member No.: 8,351

This is pretty weird! From times to times a single error message is comming up. (See pic) As far as I know it dosen't harm my computer only my gaming. Anyway does anybody knows how to get rid of this? I would really appriciate the help if it can stop.

For the first week i Felt that I could live with it... Not anymore. I think it popup randomly but usualy it takes - 2 Hours to the next one. Anyway I had come up with a temporary solution. It is that I just Ignore it and put it out of my screen. Atleast I don't see it anymore. And I can still do whatever I want.

I've already tried a few things...
#1 - Clicked at the OK and Cancel button, - It dissapears and returns in the next hour.

#2 - Close it by Windows Task Manager in wich I noticeed that it takes up 7896K - Still having the same problem

#3 made a search and find two files in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\PILEBR~1.EXE-1D1531ED.pf
and the other one in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\PILEBROWSEFLAW.EXE-2CF61AAD.pf
Does anybody know what a PF file is and what it does?

First - I renamed the files - Didn't Work
Second - I Renamed the files and moved them - Didn't Worked
Third - Deleted them completly No backup and empety the Bin (It was on the time, Haven't done that since I installed XP and the Automatic is disabled and i just had deleted some thousands of images) And after the first message was back the files was created new!?

Does anybody know what this is?
Does anybody know whart to do?
Does anybody know why it's there?
Does anybody know if it's bad? Or really bad?

Do anybody know where 0x001aabd7 is located? Cause I don't and neither does anybody I know...

First I thought it was a spyware but it isn't it can't be cause as far as I know spyware are connecting to the internet but this one dosen't. Still I think it is junk that had comm with something else but I can't find anymore files than theese two and they didn't helped.
Can anyone check if they are in your PC too, By the way I am using XP proffesional.

Please help me it so very anoying. And please comon with a different solution exepct reinstall...

This post has been edited by Golden Gun: Sep 22 2007, 12:24

--------------------
"meh"

Lucas
  Post#2 | Aug 22 2007, 20:36 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

The Undutchable
Member No.: 1

I've searched for "windWWAA" and I can't find any information that makes sense which makes me think you've got some spyware or a virus on your computer. I think you should perform a scan with a spyware scanners and a proper virus scanner.

By the way, prefetch files (PF files) are used by windows to speed up the startup time for executable applications.
Oh and 0x001aabd7 is a memory address, it isn't a location on your harddrive.

--------------------

Laurell
  Post#3 | Aug 23 2007, 14:41 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Lucas @ Aug 22 2007, 22:36 ) *

I've searched for "windWWAA" and I can't find any information that makes sense which makes me think you've got some spyware or a virus on your computer. I think you should perform a scan with a spyware scanners and a proper virus scanner.

I use Zone Alarm and it scans three times / week and I update it weekly. But What I think it is... Is that it's a spyware that from the start worked and then ZA tooked it away but not all of it so a part is trying to to connect with a other part of the Spyware.

I would try to uninstall the program that I installed the same week as it appeared but I don't belive it matters.

I also had found some Forum wich user's that also are asking for help but they didn't get any?!

--------------------
"meh"

Chaos-Energy
  Post#4 | Aug 23 2007, 18:51 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Too much
Weapon: Pistol
Member No.: 404

If the spyware is somewhere on your Windows partition you could just reinstall Windows. Although if you're data and Windows installation is on the same partition, that isn't really a good solution.

Try scanning with NOD32, keeps me safe.

Laurell
  Post#5 | Aug 23 2007, 19:34 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

QUOTE(Chaos-Energy @ Aug 23 2007, 20:51 ) *

If the spyware is somewhere on your Windows partition you could just reinstall Windows. Although if you're data and Windows installation is on the same partition, that isn't really a good solution.

Try scanning with NOD32, keeps me safe.

Nope that isn't a problem I installed Windows at a single 40G hardrive to keep me safe if I needed to reinstall. Anyway That isn't the best thing to do. Cause it isn't sure that the problem is on the hardrive. Cause I don't know what software that it is that are trying to use this files. And if I don't know where and why the Error started I don't know how to defend me from new attacks either.

And I come uo with this idea. If I unistall all the programs that I installed at the time the error messages started I maybe solve it that way, But I doubt that too. That means a lot!

Thanks anyway

--------------------
"meh"

Chaos-Energy
  Post#6 | Aug 23 2007, 22:33 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Too much
Weapon: Pistol
Member No.: 404

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/hitmanpro/index.php?lang=en

If that doesn't find your problem then I don't know what will. Basically it's a small program that downloads several malware scanners automatically (including updates) and then scans your system. Just install it and tell it to accept all TOS (don't worry, they're all big scanners like Spysweeper, NOD32, Spybot S&D, ...). Give it a try, can't hurt.

After you're done with that download the iefix (hitmanpro.nl/iefix.exe) because Hitman Pro changes some internet settings that might give you problems when you do something special. (Like playing MSN messenger games.)

And while you're at it run crap cleaner (ccleaner.com). It doesn't find & delete virusses/spyware but removes a lot of crap. (cookies, temp internet files, etc...)

Uninstalling all the programs at the time of the error isn't really a good idea. The spyware will probably be hiding nowhere near your programs and will work independently.

Laurell
  Post#7 | Sep 22 2007, 12:24 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

I think that I had solved this porblem now. All I did was deleting Campea.exe in the preftetch folder. And now the error message don't pop up anymore. Luck me. Thanks to all that tried to help me

--------------------
"meh"

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: