>  Beer Sales Drop 2.8% In Germany

Mark
  Post#1 | Feb 1 2010, 06:07 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Weapon: Shotgun
Member No.: 6,649

Beer consumption in Germany fell 2.8 percent in 2009 amid the worst recession since World War II, the biggest drop in 11 years, the Federal Statistics Office said. Brewers and distributors such as Anheuser-Busch InBev NV sold 2.6 billion gallons of beer and beer-mix drinks last year in the land of the Oktoberfest, according to data posted on the office’s Web site today. The volume has fallen every year since 2006, when Germany’s hosting of the soccer World Cup boosted beer sales. Last year’s decline was the biggest since consumption fell 2.9 percent in 1998, according to the Wiesbaden-based statistics office. The data don’t include non-alcoholic beer or beer imported from outside the European Union. The German economy, Europe’s biggest, resumed expansion in the three months through June after shrinking for four straight quarters. The government says growth probably stagnated in the fourth quarter and forecasts a 1.4 percent expansion in 2010.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/dining/sips/6839618.html

JollyRoger
  Post#2 | Feb 1 2010, 13:14 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

I blame it all on Coca-Cola. They have an uncanny ability to disrupt the normal state of beverage sales wherever they do business. Pepsi comes in a close second. Even though in the early days they were just another underdog cola company. Now they're the ruthless competitor to the wretched king of pop.

I hold a glass of Royal Crown (RC) cola in one hand and with the other I display my middle finger proudly to Coca-Cola and Pepsi.

--------------------

Laurell
  Post#3 | Feb 1 2010, 15:30 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Minecraft
Weapon: Spear
Member No.: 8,351

QUOTE(JollyRoger @ Feb 1 2010, 14:14 ) *

I blame it all on Coca-Cola. They have an uncanny ability to disrupt the normal state of beverage sales wherever they do business. Pepsi comes in a close second. Even though in the early days they were just another underdog cola company. Now they're the ruthless competitor to the wretched king of pop.

I hold a glass of Royal Crown (RC) cola in one hand and with the other I display my middle finger proudly to Coca-Cola and Pepsi.

Yeah, RC is the only one that competes with CC when it comes to the taste, sadly so do I only know one small affair that sells RC, (I kinda know the owner by now tongue.gif

Personally I never liked beer, sweet stuff is the way to go. Martini Bianco happy.gif

--------------------
"meh"

Simon
  Post#4 | Feb 1 2010, 19:12 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: CS:GO, Minecraft
Weapon: Paintball gun
Member No.: 6,748

QUOTE(JollyRoger @ Feb 1 2010, 14:14 ) *

shocking.gif

I worship Coca Cola, I drink it everyday and there is no taste like the taste of Coca Cola... praise.gif

--------------------
<!--quoteo(post=168335:date=Jul 9 2008, 15:41 :name=Chaos-Energy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chaos-Energy @ Jul 9 2008, 15:41 ) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Wait till Simon gets here with one of his Viking rage outbursts.

Dragonball characters look like pussies compared to him.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

JollyRoger
  Post#5 | Feb 1 2010, 20:31 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM

Playing: Like You Care
Weapon: M-16
Member No.: 104

QUOTE(Simon @ Feb 1 2010, 13:12 ) *

shocking.gif

I worship Coca Cola, I drink it everyday and there is no taste like the taste of Coca Cola... praise.gif

I know guys who say that about Pepsi as well. Everyone has different tastes. We'll have to agree to disagree about ours. biggrin.gif

--------------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: