Post#1 | Mar 19 2010, 12:39 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Weapon: Shotgun
Member No.: 6,649

Mark's newsblock week 11

Underwear theft
A man who was formerly a mayor of a village in Lancashire, England has been jailed for two years after being found guilty after admitting four charges of burglary.

59-year-old Ian Stafford, a bachelor, was formerly the mayor of the village of Preesall, however he had to resign from his position in 2009 after being arrested for burglary. His crimes would involve going into houses of people who had entrusted house keys to him as he was employed by them as a handyman or a gardener. He then searched through drawers for underwear before carrying out sex acts and stealing or replacing the underwear, and then leaving the properties. He also stole some garments. The burglaries took place in the villages of Stalmine and Poulton-le-Fylde between the dates of January 1 and June 26 in 2009.

One person became suspicious and installed a hidden camera inside her bedroom. As a result, a 14 minute DVD was recorded which shows the former mayor walking naked from the waist downwards. The DVD was passed on to the police. Police officers later raided Stafford's residence and found the underwear, which had been marked with the names of the owners. The underwear is said to have been worth up to £900 (US$1407).

The trial was held in Preston Crown Court. There the Court heard of how the victims had been "embarrassed, disgusted and shocked" by the "sexual kicks" which the man had been getting. During a previous interview with police, Ian Stafford commented at how he felt "deeply ashamed at the whole scenario because I have hurt people who have been excellent friends - I could not wish for better. I wish I had said something to someone earlier. I am not proud of any of this, I am sickened. I wish I could turn the clock back."

Angry dog?
A city police spokeswoman said Sunday that Officer Clayton Holmes had been checking traffic speeds with radar and stopped to fill out a report when he felt his car shaking. He found a bulldog chewing on the tires. After the dog attacked two passing cars and a second police car, officers used pepper spray and a Taser on it, but the animal wasn't deterred. By the time McCamey Animal Center staffers captured that dog and two others, it had chewed two tires and the entire front bumper off Holmes' patrol car. Officer Rebecca Royval said the dogs got out of a fence at a nearby welding shop. The owner was cited and the dogs were removed.

Sex ad on a bus
The West Midlands-based Diamond Bus Company described the ad - which pictures a blonde wearing a figure-hugging Ann Summers-style dress alongside the slogan 'Ooooh matron!' - as harmless fun designed to promote a route serving a hospital.
But local nursing representatives and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust have called on Diamond to axe the ''degrading'' image from the back of its buses. A spokesman for the NHS Trust said a number of nurses had been upset by the advert, which they felt presented their profession in a derogatory manner. The advert on services linking Worcester city centre with the Worcestershire Royal Hospital was also criticised by the local branch of the Royal College of Nursing.

'Nurses object to the trivialisation and gratuitous sexualisation of nursing, not least because it can risk fuelling a mistaken impression of nurses among some people, and this makes our already difficult job even more challenging.' But Stephen Bryce, Diamond's head of operations, defended the promotional campaign, which was vetted by a group of nurses before being approved. Claiming that public transport had been viewed as a boring alternative to the car for too long, Mr Bryce said: 'We wanted to create a bright and positive brand that would not only attract passengers from our competitors but also encourage car-users to use the bus. On several of our colour-coded routes we used humorous characters as adverts on the back of the bus to promote that particular service.'

Busted because of a goddamn baby
A baby boy playing with his dad’s telephone accidentally called 911, which led police to their house — and a 500-plant marijuana-growing operation. Police said Tuesday the incident happened at about 11 a.m. Friday in the 14800 block of Goggs Avenue in White Rock. “He was surprised to see us,” Const. Janelle Canning said. Nevertheless, police checked the place out because of the amount of condensation on the house’s windows and found the pot-growing operation in a locked room.

The dad was then arrested and was expected to appear in court in early April on charges of mischief and production of a controlled substance. The child, who Canning described as being a “very cute little boy,” was picked up by Ministry of Children and Family Development workers and released into his mom’s custody.

“The ministry will continue their investigation to ensure ongoing protection of this child,” said Canning.

Mister V
  Post#2 | Mar 20 2010, 11:20 + Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Mini Profile
PM
Increase this members Kudos

Playing: Mass Effect
Weapon: Submarine
Member No.: 21

Wow, that's some weird sh*t.

The last one surprised me a little. The police checked the house... because of condensation on one of the windows?! Do they even have the right to do that? It's a bit like saying: "excuse me, ma'am, your shoes seem dirty, I will have to search your bag".

It as logical as the Chewbacca defence! huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Then God said, "Let there be win",
and there was win, and it was good.

1 User(s) are reading this topic:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Choose Skin: