Yeah, I know. Last year I declared that I would not start a new thread on GU and I would not be back as a regular member. "Never say never," as the phrase apparently goes. So now that everyone has left, and I have this place to myself, I can really tell the world what I think of the internet.
I HATE THE F'ING INTERNET! I hate it like a rich relative that is paying for my car insurance that I just happened to hate. Before I get into it I'll run through the things I do actually like about it.
1. You get news faster than on print.
2. You can shop faster than going out.
3. You can order pizza without having to talk to anyone.
4. You can bash celebrities in public without having your arrest broadcast on the evening news.
5. If you have a fetish for 17th century mahogany wardrobes you can relive your sordid fantasies over and over again.
6. Memes, yes everyone loves memes. Can't get enough f'ing memes. Chocolate Nyan Cat Badger Badger Diet Coke Mentos Fountain Rain blah blah blah blah blaaaah.
7. Learn about stuff. Like Vice City maps and whatnot.
8. Passionately proving points to people who don't really care.
Other than that the internet is pretty much useless. Sure you can find a lost loved one and get fed endless plates of bull**** from news sources about people who ought to be in jail anyway. But there really isn't much to do with it other than checking to see if your friends have posted comments on brushing their teeth. I'm not asking anyone any questions. I don't care if anyone replies. If you do, congratulations! It doesn't mean I'll respond in kind. I'm just really here to watch myself type about thing only I really care about. If you find it interesting, fine. I'm not aiming to keep anyone riveted or anxious to find out what I'll say next. I used to bank on that when this forum actually had people. It didn't work too well then and I don't imagine it'll do much better now. Partially because nobody likes to read anymore. It's all Youtube this and Twitter that. It feels like I'm being masturbated on by a very kinky Matrix. I just hope the agents pony up the cash because this digital media whore doesn't put out for free.
Moving along. Though there was a time that I was interested in helping people out with their "problems" about the conduct of other posters, I really don't want to be messaged about this, that and the other. I know I am technically a "moderator" but I just don't care. Bother someone else.
As for why I am "back" I can only say this: I am in one of those really freaking weird bull**** times in my life where very little I do seems to make much of a difference in any way, shape or form. I'm at one of those Aww F*** it times in my life where all I can do is shake my head, roll my eyes, sigh pathetically, and eat a lot of ice cream like a chick. YAY!
I'll post again sometime when I feel like it. In the meantime feel free to post a reply. I may not read it, but then again I might just. Who knows. It's bedtime now and I need to sleep. Sayonara or whatever............